Saturday 23 July 2011

Guilt is fast asleep!!


Rohini tagged me on Mommy guilt.

I am a night owl and fridays and saturdays are the only nights I can relax and just be me. So I totally enjoy the late mornings in bed with the blanket over my head, and the pillow snug-fitting into my doubled up frame. My kids wake up an hour earlier than school mornings, simply because they are excited about the weekend. Their dad takes care of the morning chores and the kids. If I am awake, I can hear them troubling him to brush their teeth, getting ready for their bath, potty time, etc. All the time, I just laze in bed and even if I am not sleeping...I am reading a book or checking stuff on my blackberry.

Nah, not guilty at all. In fact, if I am awake, I have a satisfied smirk on my face. Especially when I hear the Dad pleading with them and yelling at them. Topping that.....if I am called out for help, I stomp and sulk for another hour.

Am tagging Shai and Navina.....

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I do the morning laze on weekends too :)

    And what is it with these kids. Have to struggle to get the brat awake on school days and he is up and bouncing around well before that time on weekends

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Rohini: My brat tells me that he is most excited on sat and sun mornings because he gets special breakfast and there is no school, so he wants to wake up early and start getting ready to eat.......Now that makes me a proud foodie mom too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. Given that I am cooking brekkers these days, that can't be it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ro, you never know! (Ha. that rhymed)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I spent last night reading Rohini's blogs and gleaning what all info i could.. and from the comments in her blog I found urs. You see I am a fresh SAHM starting out on the adventure as we speak..
    I want you to please look into my blog
    http://sirisha82.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-am-back-and-so-much-has-changedsahm.html
    and be kind enough to answer few questions I have to get me started to be a good SAHM.. Thanks a whole lot in advance :)
    sirisha (sia)

    ReplyDelete